Memorial Day decorations may be placed on graves starting May 24, 2021 and must be removed by June 8, 2021 at 7 a.m.
Visitors shall be admitted to the grounds daily (gates will only be closed during winter storms or periods of heavy rainfall). Night security is provided by local law enforcement.
Rosehill Memorial Park was established in 1890 with a consideration price of $220.00 paid to John Wood for the first acres. The oldest gravesite, recorded on September 22, 1888 for Reverend J. Henz, is in the St. Leo's section of the cemetery.
This old Catholic Section was added to the original City of Minot cemetery acreage in the 1960's when ownership was transferred for a $1.00 fee. Currently, some 21,826 burials have been made in the park, with more than 250 burials completed each year.
The operation of the Park falls under the City of Minot's Public Works Division. Fees and regulations are set by City Council resolution each fall budget period. The superintendent, two full time equipment operators, one office and administrative specialist, and summer part time employees are responsible for lot sales, burials, landscaping and grounds maintenance on forty-five acres of developed cemetery grounds, office and equipment buildings, a chapel, a winter storage vault and numerous memorial monuments throughout the park. Three area monument companies provide markers and monuments at family request.