News Flash

Home

Posted on: July 22, 2019

Cause of Valley View Drive fire determined

The garage fire at 1315 Valley View Drive on July 18 was caused by a grill on a wooden deck, according to Fire Marshal Dean Lenertz.

After an investigation, Lenertz reported that the grill was last used at 4:30 p.m. and the cover put on it at about 5 p.m. The residents left the home at about 6:30 p.m. It appears that the cover for the grill may have started on fire and/or a hot ember fell from the grill onto the wooden deck, starting the deck on fire. The fire then spread to both the attached and detached garages. Two vehicles were also heavily damaged.

There was also some damage to a neighbor’s house and truck. No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home

Basement fire damages SE Minot home

Posted on: August 13, 2019

Council approves new buyout areas

Posted on: August 5, 2019

Airport welcomes FAA grant

Posted on: August 5, 2019

'From Point A to Point B'

Posted on: May 7, 2019