News Flash

Home

Posted on: August 5, 2019

Airport welcomes FAA grant

The Minot International Airport recently welcomed an Airport Improvement Grant of more than $2 million from the Federal Aviation Administration.

The funds will be used for two projects, according to Airport Director Rick Feltner.

The total of $2,164,500 represents the FAA’s commitment to fund 90 percent of Phase 2 and Phase 3 of a project to reconstruct the general aviation ramp, as well as the design work for future expansion of the cargo apron. Both projects had been previously approved in the 2019 budget. The remaining 10 percent of the cost for the projects will come from state and local funds, including 5 percent from the North Dakota State Aeronautics Commission ($120,225) and 5 percent from the City through sales tax improvements ($101,250) and Airport cash reserves ($18,976).

“Through a partnership with the FAA, the Airport identifies and prioritizes projects, determines the scope, and manages the delivery process,” Feltner said. “These two projects are the most critical for completion in 2019, and we’re eager to get started on them.”

The projects will reconstruct existing failing pavement, design a new cargo apron, replace deteriorating pavement, strengthen pavement sections and expand for future needs.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home