News Flash

City of Minot News Flash

Posted on: June 17, 2020

Dryer fire damages home in southwest Minot

A clothes dryer fire damaged a home in southwest Minot Tuesday morning.

Crews from the Minot Fire Department responded to 412 8th Ave SW at 10:55 a.m. for reports of smoke coming from the home’s basement. All occupants of the home had safely evacuated the home when fire crews arrived on scene.

Firefighters made their way into the basement and extinguished the fire, and then ventilated the structure and checked the home for any other flames. Fire investigators determined the dryer to be the cause of the fire. Firefighters remained on the scene until 4 p.m. when the home was turned over to the owners.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City of Minot News Flash

Battling fires - and hot weather

Posted on: July 8, 2020

Fire damages duplex in NE Minot

Posted on: June 23, 2020

City Hall project moves forward

Posted on: April 23, 2020

2020 construction season is under way

Posted on: April 21, 2020

City upgrading ERP software systems

Posted on: February 11, 2020

'I've always enjoyed my job'

Posted on: January 29, 2020