News Flash

City of Minot News Flash

Posted on: November 22, 2021

Minot Fire Department saves four pets and a home from candle fire

Platform truck cropped

An unattended candle is responsible for a house fire in southwest Minot Monday morning.

Firefighters responded to a reported house fire at 315 16th ST SW Monday morning. Upon arrival, crews found smoke coming from the basement of the home. Within minutes Minot Fire Department was able to access the single room quickly to control the blaze. 

Homeowners reported three cats and one dog missing while firefighters were on scene. All four house pets and residents were located and unharmed.

Minot Fire Department determined an unattended candle was the source of the fire. In the U.S. 36% of all candle fires are due to leaving it unattended. It is important to always monitor burning candles.

Three engines and one command vehicle were dispatched to the home. The first engine was on scene within three minutes of the call.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City of Minot News Flash

Travelers in Minot airport2

Thanksgiving Airport Travel Tips

Posted on: November 18, 2021
Alex Choi1

'The housekeeper of the airfield'

Posted on: November 10, 2021
Station 5 rendering

Minot's fifth fire station coming soon

Posted on: November 10, 2021
Michael Rafala airport ops guy

'You take it all for granted'

Posted on: November 3, 2021
Travelers in Minot airport2

'It's going to be a little different'

Posted on: November 3, 2021

Combatting human trafficking

Posted on: October 20, 2021

'Something we don't see that often'

Posted on: October 21, 2021

Airport welcomes U.S. border changes

Posted on: October 20, 2021