News Flash

City of Minot News Flash

Posted on: November 23, 2021

Kitchen grease fire damages duplex in NW Minot

fire stove top fire

Minot Fire Department successfully battled a small kitchen fire in northwest Minot Monday evening.

Crews were dispatched to 435 2nd Ave NW Minot at about 6 p.m. to extinguish a blaze caused by a stovetop grease fire. Firefighters watched smoke billow from the door of the home and successfully extinguished the fire within minutes of arriving. 

Crews ventilated the home after smothering the flames and secured area. No occupants or firefighters were harmed.

According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, in 2019, cooking fires contributed to about 50% of residential fires in the U.S. It is best to not use water to fight grease fires and residents should always keep a fire extinguisher within the home. Covering the flame with a lid or using baking soda to smother the fire are also effective methods. It is still best to dial 9-1-1 while experiencing any in home fires. 

Crews from all four Minot Fire Department Stations were dispatched to the home. The first engine was on scene within two minutes and thirty seconds of the call.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City of Minot News Flash

Travelers in Minot airport2

Thanksgiving Airport Travel Tips

Posted on: November 18, 2021
Alex Choi1

'The housekeeper of the airfield'

Posted on: November 10, 2021
Station 5 rendering

Minot's fifth fire station coming soon

Posted on: November 10, 2021
Michael Rafala airport ops guy

'You take it all for granted'

Posted on: November 3, 2021
Travelers in Minot airport2

'It's going to be a little different'

Posted on: November 3, 2021
Backpacks1

Combatting human trafficking

Posted on: October 20, 2021
Hazmat2

'Something we don't see that often'

Posted on: October 21, 2021

Airport welcomes U.S. border changes

Posted on: October 20, 2021